Wednesday 11 July 2007

Sports Illustrated Welcome David Beckham To LA


David appears on another front cover prior to his move to the US. This time it is for 'Sports Illustrated' a very popular magazine in the US.

The magazine asks:

Will He Change The Fate Of America Soccer?
Will it be the Americanization of David Beckham?
Or will it be the Beckhamization of America?


That's what MLS is hoping for with the arrival of the English superstar, who's bent on lifting the profile of soccer while blending in with his Galaxy mates.

He said: "The hype is there at the moment and will be there for maybe six months. But to keep the interest in soccer, that's going to be the challenge.

"I'm not silly enough to think I'm going to change the whole culture but I do have a belief that soccer can go to a different level and I'd love to be a part of that.

"People probably do think they're going to see me turn out and we'll win our first game 10-0. That's one thing I'm worried about.

"I'm not a player who will run past 10 players and score three or four goals. My game is about working hard, being a team player and assists.

"It's important for me to get to know the players and also for Victoria to get to know their wives and girlfriends. Hopefully it's going to be more like it was at United, where on Sundays we used to take our sons to other players' houses for a barbecue. I'm hoping it's going to be that sort of vibe."


Source

No comments: