Wednesday 20 February 2008

David Beckham Blogs From Hawaii

Hi everyone,

Well, I’ve arrived in Hawaii along with the Galaxy squad and I can already see it’s an amazing place. The beaches are beautiful and everyone is so friendly, so we’re definitely going to enjoy our time here.

We’re here to play in the Pan-Pacific Championships and looking to get our fitness in these games. We’ve had three weeks of pre-season training, so it’s just a case of getting match fit now. I know the team are looking forward to getting on the pitch again, so Wednesday’s game can’t come soon enough. Hopefully, we’ll get the right result and look to get some consistency going into the new season.

We're playing the Japanese side Gamba Osaka in our opening game and I'm sure it'll be a tough match. Whenever I've played against Japanese teams in the past I've always been really impressed by them.

I’d like to welcome Greg Vanney to the squad. He's a great defender and having played for the Galaxy before I'm sure he'll have no trouble adapting.

Anyway, that’s all for now. I’ll let you know all about how the tournament went next time.

David

No comments: