Wednesday 28 May 2008

David Beckham Blogs From London


Hi everybody,

Well, it was great to get two wins as it’s important to get some consistency under our belts. Some of the players, myself included, will be on international duty this week, so we can all leave in great confidence but it’s important the team continue the good form going into the MLS game against Toronto this weekend. From all accounts, we played well last night against Colorado in the cup and we’re unlucky to lose. Our priority remains the MLS Championship.

The game against Kansas City Wizards was one of the best I’ve played in the MLS. They’re the best team we’ve faced this season, so to come back from a goal down and win 3-1 gave everyone a real lift, as we’ve not come from behind before. It’s brilliant that our two strikers Edson and Landon are both scoring goals and for me, personally, I really enjoyed my goal at the end of the match.

I’m currently with England, training ahead of the friendly matches against the USA and Trinidad & Tobago. If I play against the US, it will be interesting to be in the opposing team against the likes of Landon Donovan. Hopefully he will reach 100 caps, it would be an incredible achievement for a good player and man. Rio Ferdinand and the rest of the Manchester United players in the England squad will be on a massive high this week after winning the Champions League, so congratulations to them. As a United fan I watched the game, and I was absolutely delighted for them, but I did feel for John Terry. I’ve taken a few penalties myself, so I know how it feels when you miss one, especially in such an important game.

It’s always great to meet up with the England lads though, and I’m really looking forward to, hopefully, playing some part at Wembley tonight and in the game against Trinidad and Tobago on Sunday.

That’s all for now.

Take care,

David

Source

No comments: