Wednesday 9 April 2008

David Beckham Blogs


Hi everyone,

It was great to get a win in our first home game of the season against San Jose Earthquakes. I thought the whole team performed really well and I was really happy to score my first goal in the MLS and set a goal up for Landon Donovan. Hopefully, with three more home games in a row, we’ll get the results we want, starting with Toronto FC on Sunday.

Earlier in the week, I went to watch the LA Lakers basketball team play and met Kobe Bryant. It was great to see one of basketball’s great players in the flesh. He’s an outstanding athlete and one of the top players in the world and I was delighted that he returned the favour and came to watch the Galaxy on Thursday.

On Friday I went along to my LA Academy and took part in a session with the children that were visiting. I always enjoy going along to the Academies in London and LA, it’s great to see the kids enjoying themselves playing soccer and I can never resist having a kick-around with them.

I also recorded a message for Idol Gives Back for this week’s American Idol television show. Idol Gives Back is a charity set up to improve the lives of kids in the U.S and across the world. Simon Fuller and the Idol team have done a great job with this worthwhile cause and I am honoured to be involved.

Take care,

David

Source

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what! i was fully watching it tonight and i missed it! FC do you think you could find it?

sunshine said...

Hey FC, i just saw American Idol, i thought it was only David to gave a message, but Victoria was there too. Yup, Victoria was beside David. Victoria also gave a message. Both of them are oh so cute and they're both wearing black! Love the way Victoria stares at David.