Thursday 17 April 2008

The Beckhams Join The British Hollywood Elite At British GQ's LA Party

The Polo Lounge of the Beverly Hills Hotel played host to many an English A-lister on Wednesday night as Dylan Jones of British GQ magazine hosted his magazine's annual L.A. bash, this year with Alfred Dunhill, to honor the booming British talent taking on Tinseltown.

The cocktail event, which spilled outside onto the private patio, attracted Sharon Osbourne, David Beckham, James Blunt, Cheryl Tiegs, Lily Collins, Johan Lindeberg, Cat Deeley, Eva Longoria Parker, Kate Beckinsale and Victoria Beckham.

The stylish crowd noshed on British fare like beer-battered fish and chips, crispy cocktail sausages, and beef wellington bites and mingled late into the night, as it was indeed a special gathering of industry friends and Hollywood heavyweights.

While Osbourne firmed up dinner plans with Sir Elton John for later that night, gal pals Beckham, Beckinsale, and Longoria Parker stayed close and discussed their evening agenda, as well. "We just wanted to go out and make a night of it," explained Beckinsale. "Eva wants us to go to her restaurant, but if my husband has anything to do with it, we'll probably get an In-n-Out burger somewhere along the way," the actress, clad in Imitation of Christ, said with a wink. "I'm very pleased that there are more Brits in Hollywood now. People are finally starting to understand my jokes!"

Victoria added, "Wherever we end up, I know I won't be out late; I'm still a mom and a wife and I must be up at seven in the morning to get my boys ready for school!"

"dVb is doing very well and I am currently working to expand the line," she hinted, brushing off recent reports that Fred Segal and Kitson had stopped carrying her line due to lackluster sales. "I want to take it at a steady pace, of course, and I certainly don't want to do anything too quickly, but I am having so much fun with it! It would be a dream to show my collection to the world at Fashion Week one day, but for now, it's a very hands-on process and I'm concentrating on it everyday."

No pictures from this event at the moment, might have to wait until the next issue of GQ.

Source

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

her arm looks soo fat in that picture!!i hope shes pregnant cause she deos look like in that dress!and im not liking wat davids wearing.i think he looks like justin timberlake wearing that.amd im not at all liking his facial hair....doesnt look good on him nway happybday posh!!!!!!

DVB said...

batool...are you insane?

how can you say her arm is fat?

I will never understand some people

Anonymous said...

i said it looks fat in that pic,not that she iz fat or anything and she also looks pregnant

fathiah said...

victoria looks strangely short in that pic..i mean..she is short compared to david but usually when she wears heels, she's almost by his eye or something..

to batool..
she looks pregnant??
not really..