Friday 23 November 2007

David Beckham Blogs Before He Leaves London


Hi,

Well, I’m sure you know but unfortunately, England won’t be at Euro 2008. It’s very disappointing for everyone, the players and the fans, and the result hurts, but Croatia deserved their win on the night and I wish them well.

I would still like to play for England in future games. I said at the start of my career I'll always want to play for my country and I'd never retire from playing for my country, so I’d like to continue as long as possible.

I went along to The David Beckham Academy in Greenwich yesterday to help celebrate the 2nd anniversary of the London venue. I can’t believe it’s been two years already! So far we’ve had 40,000 children through the doors of the Academy, 23,000 of those free of charge via the Day Visit programme. It’s always amazing to go along and see the children really enjoying the sport I love, and yesterday was no exception. The year 4 and 5 children were having a great time learning new techniques and skills and of course enjoying how to work as part of a team. I’d also like to say how proud and thankful I am to the coaches and staff for all their hard work.

I was interviewed by Michael Parkinson last night for his final ever show, which airs on the 15th December. He’s a wonderful person and, sadly, it marks the end of an era for one of the UK’s most loved broadcasters. He’ll definitely be missed.

I’m writing this blog at the airport as I’m flying out to Australia today – stopping over in China along the way - to meet up with the Galaxy squad for an exhibition game in Sydney before we go on to New Zealand for another match. It’ll be good to see the team again and meet Ruud Gullit, the new Galaxy head coach. I have to catch my plane now, but I’ll let you know how the matches go.

Bye for now

David

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he's so so cute!!!!