Sunday 8 March 2009

LA Galaxy vs. AC Milan - July 19, 2009


It has just be revealed on Sky Sports News, that part of the deal which was struck between LA Galaxy and AC Milan, was for them to play each other in an exhibition match on July, 19 2009.

No doubt David will play one half for each team.

I am so jealous that you guys in LA will get to see that game live. It sounds like it'll be a lot of fun.

In a statement made today David said:

"I'm really grateful to the LA Galaxy and AC Milan for making this dream deal happen."

"It allows me to play for AC Milan and the LA Galaxy in the same year, and at the same time to continue my commitment to develop soccer in the United States, which is something I am passionate about."

"My family is happy and settled and will remain in LA."

"The perfect result for 2009 would be for me to help Milan to reach the Champions League and for the LA Galaxy to make the play-offs and win the MLS Cup."


Speculations over, Victoria and the kids will stay in LA, which frankly makes a lot of sense for the time being.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! This is awesome!!! The Galaxy has been giving us lame bonus games since David's MLS debut match against Chelsea. Now, I'm so happy that I renewed my season ticket! I can't wait!
I'm happy for Victoria to be able to stay in LA. : )