Thursday 2 April 2009

David Beckham Blogs



Hi everyone,

I’m delighted with how things have gone with England this week. We won both games, which was obviously the main thing and we performed well too. Against Slovakia I thought we played really well and with great freedom. It’s always good to see players expressing themselves and I thought the team did that on Saturday and scored four excellent goals. It was also an incredibly proud moment for me to become the most capped outfield player. It’s no secret that I love playing for my country and if the manager thinks I’m good enough then I’ll always answer the call.

We knew it would be harder against the Ukraine and so it proved. We started well and then got the vital goal, but they were hard to break down and when my club mate Andriy Shevchenko scored it looked like it might be one of those nights. Fortunately we go a free-kick and I managed to find Steven Gerrard, who headed a brilliant ball into the path of John Terry and he did the rest. We’re still top of the group with a 100% record that we won’t give up easily. We’ve got some tough games to play before the group is decided, but we’re confident and looking ahead.

I’m off back to Milan now. We’ve a home game against Lecce on Sunday and now international duty is over for the time being I’m fully focused on helping the team win a Champions League place.

That’s all for now.

Take care,

David

No comments: