Wednesday 14 March 2007

David Beckham Says Goodbye To Manchester United Fans


“The time I spent at this club was the best time in my whole football career,” Beckham told the 74,000-sellout crowd.

“I’ve waited four years to actually come back and to actually say thank you to the fans and the people of the club,” he said. “I think I wouldn’t have got through many things without the people in this stadium,”.

On the field, he publicly supported United manager Alex Ferguson. “Everybody knows here that you’ve got the best manager in the world at this club,” he told the crowd to loud applause.

“I think this team is going to be incredible, and I think they’re going to go on and win many things, not just this year but throughout many years to come,” he said. “So good luck and thank you.”

And here is the video.

No comments: